Carry On

Life is full of little surprises. And bigger surprises. And colossal surprises that take the wind out of your sails and leave you scrambling to get up in the dust.

No.. this is not one of those "pity me please", posts. Everyone has it rough in life somehow. Yet we dust ourselves off and carry on because.. well why, exactly? If life is so complicated and so little reward is returned, why do we carry on?

We carry on because no one wants to die. We carry on because others depend on us. We carry on because there is a shred of hope in us somewhere, perhaps beat up or shriveled up, abandoned in a corner but not ultimately forgotten. We carry on because its the only thing we can do.

In a way life is like a governess. A stern, and unforgiving governess. She humbles you constantly and reminds you of your puny limitations. She smirks at you when you feel bliss because she knows what's coming for you around the corner. And she hands you life lessons served cold, when you weren't hungry for them.

What do I chalk up the wonderful obstacles in my life to? Timing is one of them. Had I been born 10 years earlier, I may have avoided a few of the pinches that came my way. But seeing as I can't crawl back into a uterus and rocket back to 1981, that idea is useless.

So.. I do what I know how to do. Pray about it, get some guidance, and push forward. If the mantra is right, if it doesn't kill me, it's supposed to make me stronger. Well, just call me Iron Woman. Because I am not going down without a fight.

Bring it on, life. I may be bruised and I may be weary, but I have a secret weapon you won't ever take away from me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ninfamous' Gotta Have-Em Apps for Droid

Single vs Coupled

This Fool is Out of Order