Tsunami in The States?

I wake up this morning to turn on the weather channel and anticipate my local on the 8s. What I wasn't anticipating was to hear that the tsunami that has damaged and ravaged Japan was on its way to the States.

Apparently, in less than an hour, the tsunami/earthquake will have hit the coasts of Washington State, Oregon and Northern California.
Maybe I'm just not there in the flesh, but it seems like everyone is taking this really calm. Not even the big wig news channels are broadcasting it as much as TWC is. Is it not going to be intense? I don't know. But I do know that it seems awful short notice to start getting ready for mass destruction.
So I hope everyone on the other coast of the States will take care of themselves and take necessary precautions and not risk their life anymore than they have to. I hope the death toll in Japan doesn't keep rising (Its at 300 right now) and I hope Hawaii isn't completely ruined before I get a chance to go there personally.
Whatever happens, I'll keep my eye on and bring about on my blog, so you can expect updates here.
As John Donne deftly wrote:
No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own
Or of thine friend's were.
Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ninfamous' Gotta Have-Em Apps for Droid

Single vs Coupled

This Fool is Out of Order