A Revisit to Dusty Thoughts.. #ENFP

You know, it seems like interests come in seasons, then part like a violent tornado leaving behind nothing of value. And then when you least expect it, they make an unexpected resurgence. I have blasted Myers Briggs before.. if you don't remember when that was, you haven't been following me long enough and therefore have missed out on golden knowledge. Well, at least I'd like to think so. Here's the link to that piece of earth shattering philosophy: http://ninavstheworld.blogspot.com/2011/01/ninfamous-vs-myers-briggs.html

When I was younger it bugged me so much to be labeled an ENFP.. and well come to think of it, I just don't like labels. I have discussed this at great length, but seeing as I am a die-hard idealist that thinks you have any interest of hearing it again, here we go: Labels categorize mounds of people into generic slots. It's like dumping pink slime and filet mignon in the same tub. Obviously, a gross violation of sacred meat. So, that being said, personality tests that pompously declare they can decipher everyone just eats the sanity out of me. The little left, anyway.

But... upon reading about personality types again.. I have realized that there is no right or wrong answer. No matter what your preferences and core persona are, some people will like you, some people will not, you will be good at those things you try hard at, and fail at those you don't put enough effort and consistent determination in. Skills can be irrelevant.. In the words of Thomas Edison (whose guts I despise for mistreating and generally abusing the brilliant Nikola Tesla and probably stole this quote from the genius himself) it is 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration.

So.. go ahead. Sit there glassy eyed and think you know the world based on a book. The beauty of humankind is we evolve, we improve, sometimes we even degrade. But we have the power to change course and redefine ourselves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ninfamous' Gotta Have-Em Apps for Droid

Single vs Coupled

Ninfamous vs Myers-Briggs