The Business Chronicles.. Phase 1

Given the set up for this next post by spilling my guts out in the past one, I'd like to continue the train of thought by explaining what my following steps will be. In the past, (the last 8 months) I wanted to sell shirts and merchandise related to my doodles, and maybe in the future, I will. But now my career is taking a more serious turn in life.

That's right- starting a business. I think I knew from a young age I was bound to be an entrepreneur at some point. My brother and I have always kicked back ideas of the best start-up business we could think of. My dad, whom ran his own successful window installation business for quite some time before moving to this country, always has it in him to see the business in every project.

For me it began simple. In first grade, I was drawing watches on notebook paper with catchy designs and colorful straps. I would then cut out these paper watches, and sold them for a penny a pop. Not much profit, to say the least, but for a 7 year old in my time, twenty cents was enough to buy two eraser caps or one shiny new pencil. My paper drawing business fulfilled my elementary needs.

Later at age 10 I sold stickers. That business was a little more smooth, and at the end of the week I was looking at profit anywhere from $10-$20, millionaire money in my eyes. When I turned 12 I ran two businesses simultaneously- selling silver jewelry from Italy and writing and selling a school paper. This last project touched some deep fibers within me. It was at that point I decided I wanted to pursue my writing dream. When I sold the all color newspaper which featured crosswords, stories, news and interviews it actually sold for $1.50. I was thrilled- that is, until the teachers caught on and decided to rain hard on my parade. (boo, elementary teachers, boo) Instead of praising creative thinking and harmless ideas, they squash the hopes of aspiring young ones. And that's a rant on its own. But anyway, this spiel has a point: I discovered Marketing/Writing was my calling.

However, as great as that revelation is, on its own its not enough to cash in on. So what's next on the agenda for Miss Ninfamous? To start the business- to grab those clients- to get those projects. My dad did it in his time and my brother now has a thriving reputation as an excellent wedding dj in all of New England. So now it's my turn. This will obviously be a step by rigorous step procedure, but one I am quite happy to finally be doing. And all those steps will be recorded here, on my blog, the birthplace of my ideas and expectations. Have you ever thought of starting your own business? Or have you started yours? I have to admit, it's a daunting task when looked over in its entirety. And most people, afraid to fail, don't like to share details until they are sure it's happened. But that's not my way of doing it. You guys are invited to watch my journey- and if I fail, maybe you will learn from me, and if I win, then I will definitely teach you the tricks of the trade. So it's a win win situation. Stay tuned to find out how my endeavors go..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ninfamous' Gotta Have-Em Apps for Droid

Single vs Coupled

Ninfamous vs Myers-Briggs