The Bathroom Enigma

Stay with me- this is not necessarily a gross post. There's just this thought that's been hanging out upstairs for a while that I thought I'd invite for a cup of coffee and further musing.


In the modest years yours truly has accrued, there's an idea that's become rather affixed with the passing of time. There seems to be a place most people feel comfortable in, attracted to, and per se, even attached to. I call this The Bathroom Enigma.


I guess it's because although its the smallest room (usually) in a house, it's one you're guaranteed solitude in. No one interrupts, or would ever want to interrupt, while you're occupying it. If you leave your technological devices outside this little room, you suddenly have silence and nothing to do but meditate. The hot water that a shower provides makes the room warm, soothing. Almost like a mini sauna. I can't imagine why people would put a TV or a bunch of magazines inside a bathroom. When else are you going to think long and hard about everything and anything?


If you pay close attention, you'll also see most profile pictures are are usually set up in the bathroom. Yes, I had spoken out about that before. But after discarding many pictures because of bad lighting and shadows, I realized there's a certain warm light that only spills through in bathroom lighting. As long as you stay away from the obvious square 4x4 tiles, or the flowy shower curtain, you may have some awesome pictures. Call me crazy, although I usually go by Nina, but I guarantee 85% of good pictures are born in the bathroom. Yet, I admit, it's still very weird and I will never admit to doing it. ;)


Am I the only one that feels this way? It wouldn't be the first time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ninfamous' Gotta Have-Em Apps for Droid

Single vs Coupled

This Fool is Out of Order